In the event of suspicious fraudulent activities
Mortgageloan.com takes fraud very seriously. Any reports of suspicious or fraudulent activities (including reports of Internet fraud involving the unauthorized use of our business name, the Mortgageloan.com service mark or any other type of misrepresentation related to our business, trademarks or other assets) will be investigated.
Someone contacted you from Mortgageloan.com? Probably not…
Mortgageloan.com cautions its visitors that persons not affiliated with Mortgageloan.com may approach you, pretending to represent Mortgageloan.com and/or other legitimate businesses. Mortgageloan.com does not offer loans or mortgages directly or indirectly through any representatives or agents. If you are in any doubt as to whether communications with a person purporting to act on behalf of Mortgageloan.com are legitimate, please contact us through our contact form.
Please note that we do not market mortgages or loans to consumers or businesses via phone (directly or through agents or representatives) or via email.
Report suspicious activities
If you receive an email or any other communication that you suspect may be connected to fraudulent activities, please notify us immediately and forward the message to our support team. If we find it to be fraudulent, we will take appropriate action.
If you receive a mortgage or loan offering by email from what appears to be Mortgageloan.com, it is probably a case of email header spoof spam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_spoofing). Please report it to our support team and forward the email to us. If a questionable email contains a link to a webpage, do not click on the link, even if it may appear genuine.
Tips to avoid becoming a victim of fraud
Here are some general tips that may help in avoiding becoming a victim of fraud:
- Delete emails from unknown parties. Don't even open them.
- Do not provide personal information, account numbers, banking or credit card numbers, PINs, or log-on IDs through email links or pop-up windows. Either call the institution or go directly to their Web site at the URL you know to be correct.
- Invest in anti-virus, spam-filtering, and anti-spyware protection.
- Never give out any information unless you initiated the contact and are sure you know with whom you are dealing.
- Fraudsters often create a sense of urgency to provoke you to take action immediately; this should be a warning flag to you.
- Ask questions; if you are in doubt as to whether communications or offerings from a company, or from a person purporting to act on behalf of a company, are legitimate then be cautious.
- Be suspicious of any programs that require any type of upfront fee.
- It may sound like a cliché, but if an offer sound too good to be true it probably is.
|30 yr fixed||5.12|
|15 yr fixed||4.09|
Rates may contain points
Browse Mortgage Rates
Browse our comprehensive guides to popular topics related to mortgage and personal finance.